ELITE FLOWER recognizes that use of the Internet, cell phones and e-mail have many benefits and can make workplace communication more efficient and effective. Therefore, employees are encouraged to use the IT devices, Internet, cell phones and e-mail systems appropriately. Unacceptable use of the IT Devices and applications can place ELITE FLOWER and others at risk. This policy outlines the company’s guidelines for acceptable use of those workplace tools.
This policy must be followed in conjunction with other ELITE FLOWER policies governing appropriate workplace conduct and behavior. ELITE FLOWER complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws as they concern the employer/employee relationship, and nothing contained herein should be construed to violate any of the rights or responsibilities contained in such laws.
ELITE FLOWER has established the following guidelines for employee use of the company’s technology and communications networks, including the Internet and e-mail, in an appropriate, ethical and professional manner.
- All technology provided by ELITE FLOWER, including computer systems, communications networks, company-related work records and other information stored electronically, is the property of the company and not the employee. In general, use of the company’s technology systems and electronic communications should be job-related and not for personal convenience.
- Employees may not use ELITE FLOWER’s Internet, e-mail or other electronic communications to transmit, retrieve or store any communications or other content of a defamatory, discriminatory, harassing or pornographic nature. No messages with derogatory or inflammatory remarks about an individual’s race, age, disability, religion, national origin, physical attributes or sexual preference may be transmitted. Harassment of any kind is prohibited.
- Disparaging, abusive, profane or offensive language; materials that might adversely or negatively reflect on ELITE FLOWER or be contrary to its legitimate business interests; and any illegal activities—including piracy, cracking, extortion, blackmail, copyright infringement and unauthorized access to any computers on the Internet or e-mail—are forbidden.
- Copyrighted materials belonging to entities other than ELITE FLOWER may not be transmitted by employees on the company’s network without permission of the copyright holder. Employees must respect all copyrights and may not copy, retrieve, modify or forward copyrighted materials, except with permission or as a single copy for reference only. Saving copyright-protected information to a network drive without permission is prohibited. Sharing the URL (uniform resource locator or “address”) of an Internet site with other interested persons for business reasons is permitted.
- Employees may not use the system in a way that disrupts its use by others. This includes sending or receiving excessive numbers of large files and “spamming” (sending e-mail to thousands of users.)
- To prevent contamination of ELITE FLOWER technology and communications equipment and systems by harmful computer viruses, downloaded files should be checked for possible infection through the IT department. Also, given that many browser add-on packages (called “plug-ins”) may not be compatible with other programs and may cause problems for the systems, downloading plug-ins is prohibited without prior permission from IT.
- Every employee of ELITE FLOWER is responsible for the content of all text, audio or image files that he or she places or sends over the company’s Internet and e-mail systems. No e-mail or other electronic communications may be sent that hide the identity of the sender or represent the sender as someone else. ELITE FLOWER’s corporate identity is attached to all outgoing e-mail communications, which should reflect corporate values and appropriate workplace language and conduct.
- E-mail and other electronic communications transmitted by ELITE FLOWER equipment, systems and networks are not private or confidential, and they are the property of the company. Therefore, ELITE FLOWER reserves the right to examine, monitor and regulate e-mail and other electronic communications, directories, files and all other content, including Internet use, transmitted by or stored in its technology systems, whether onsite or offsite.
- Internal and external e-mail, voice mail, and text messages are considered business records and may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation. Employees must be aware of this possibility when communicating electronically within and outside the company.
All company-supplied technology, including computer systems, equipment and company-related work records, belongs to ELITE FLOWER and not to the employee user. Employees understand the company routinely monitors use patterns, and employees should observe appropriate workplace discretion in their use and maintenance of such company property.
Because all the computer systems and software, as well as e-mail and Internet connections, are the property of ELITE FLOWER, all company policies apply to their use and are in effect at all times. Any employee who abuses the company-provided access to e-mail, the Internet, or other electronic communications or networks, including social media, may be denied future access, and, if appropriate, be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination, within the limitations of any applicable federal, state or local laws.
Questions Regarding the Use of ELITE FLOWER Technology
If you have questions regarding the appropriate use of ELITE FLOWER electronic communications equipment or systems, including e-mail and the Internet, please contact your supervisor, manager or the IT department.
EMPLOYEE CELL PHONE POLICY
1. Data Plan
Every person who has a cell phone withthe data plan will be assigned a total of 4 GB per month, starting the second day of each month and closing cycle. For example: from 07/02/2016 to 08/01/2016. These 4 GB are enough to use email, chat, applications and Navigation.
Note: The usage of streaming applications such as YouTube, Netflix, Pandora, Spotify, live radio, live TV, WhatsApp calls, they all generate high data consumption.
Each line has a specific date to request the replacement of the device/phone; It cannot be made before that date because it will generate additional fees to the company due to early termination of the contract.
Each of you are responsible for the use of the device. The company does not have insurance to claim the replacement of the equipment. Since a history of high number of claims, AT&T has restricted us the use of insurance.
3. International Roaming
International roaming service is activated only when required and for the duration of the trip. However, it has some usage limits that will be informed to you at the time of activation. We do not have any plans for permanent or unlimited roaming. This feature only apply for Data, the calls will be billed separately, please use the phone moderately.
If you plan to travel abroad, please notify to Mauricio Toloza, so the appropriated roaming plan can be assigned and activated for the requested time.
- Use the Hotspot mode only if required and only for the time you need it. Leaving it activated generates high data consumption.
- While remaining within the office or home, try to keep your cell phone connected to WiFi.
- Do not allow your cell phone to update Apps through data plan, only through WiFi.
- IOS (iPhone) and Android cell phones allow you to see the high consuming data Apps. They have a record of the data consumption of the month so you can be aware of its usage also.
COMPUTING STANDARDS & PROCEDURES (TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF IT EQUIPMENT)
- Installation of any programs not licensed to Company or its companies is prohibited.
- Any identification labels that are attached to or displayed on the laptop and associated peripherals shall not be removed or altered.
- Laptops should always be transported in a computer case and stored in a safe, secure, temperature-appropriate environment.
- The employee agrees to exercise appropriate cautions in return for the use of the laptop. For example, laptops should not be left in a motor vehicle overnight since exposure to extreme heat or cold can be damaging. Additionally, the employee will not leave the laptop in an insecure area at any time.
- All incidences of theft and vandalism must be reported to the authorities and Company IT Department as soon as possible.
- All repairs must be completed and coordinated by Information Technology staff in accordance with warranty requirements.
- I agree making no computer alterations, adding no software and/or hardware, or attempting repairs without prior approval from the Information Technology department.
- I will not leave my laptop computer unattended while my user account is active.
- Unacceptable use of the internet by employees includes, but is not limited to:
- Sending or posting discriminatory, harassing, or threatening messages or images on the Internet or via Elite Flower or Bloomstar email service
- Using computers to perpetrate any form of fraud, and/or software, film or music piracy
Stealing, using or disclosing someone else’s password without authorization
- Downloading, copying or pirating software and electronic files that are copyrighted or without authorization
- Sharing confidential material, trade secrets, or proprietary information outside of the organization
- Hacking into unauthorized websites
- Sending or posting information that is defamatory to the company, its products/services, colleagues and/or customers
- Introducing malicious software onto the company network and/or jeopardizing the security of the organization’s electronic communications systems
- Sending or posting chain letters, solicitations, or advertisements not related to business purposes or activities
- Passing off personal views as representing those of the organization
- The following rules apply at all times for cell phones company-issued:
- Company-issued phones are to be used for business purposes only and be preserved in perfect condition
- The use of a phone for any action while driving a company vehicle is prohibited
- The use of cell phones within earshot of someone else’s working space during working hours is not allowed
- The download or upload of inappropriate, illegal or obscene material through a corporate internet connection is prohibited
- The IT Assets will be returned to the Information Technology or Human Resources department upon termination of employment.
- These terms may be updated from time to time, the most recent version of which can be found on the IT’s Extranet site.